Top 5 Wednesday - Books that aren't Set in or Inspired by the Western World
It's been over a month since I've written a Top 5 Wednesday post, but it's been in my heart, don't worry. As a reminder, Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly roundup of cool/fun bookish things that is hosted by Sam over at Thoughts on Tomes on YouTube. You can visit the Goodreads group for topics (and such, as Sam always says). Anywho! Today we've got a fun topic that was a lot harder for me than I'd like to admit, mostly because I haven't read a lot of the non-Western inspired books I've been collecting yet, so I can't for-sure say that it fits the category. But I'm going with it. So! Without further ado...
Top 5 Books Not Set In or Inspired By the Western World
- An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir
- Anything by Renee Ahdieh (I have both Flame in the Mist and The Wrath and the Dawn duology)
- City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson
- Anything by Khaled Hosseini (I have read The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, and have And the Mountains Echoed on my TBR)
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
What do you think of my choices? What would you add? What are you reading this week?