Here’s my first recipe post! This is one of my specialties—it didn’t have a name until I just gave it one. I love scrambled eggs, and I almost always crave eggs after I run. So I make a lot of eggs, and it helps to be able to spice them up. Here’s a version that was perfectly suited for after a 3.5 mile run I did the other day.
- 1 handful chopped white onion
- 1 handful chopped green pepper
- 1 small handful of peppered hard salami, cut into quarters (or smaller, if you prefer)
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful shredded Colby jack cheese
Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take pictures of the steps as I was completing them, so a list will have to do:
- Chop the peppers and onions and toss in a small fry pan on medium heat.
- Once they start sizzling, cut the salami and add to the fry pay.
- Cook as long as you like (I like my vegetables to be a little crunchy, but some people like them softer).
- Scramble three eggs in a mixing bowl and add to the fry pan. Stir to keep the eggs from burning.
- When the eggs are almost to the point of being done, add the cheese on the top and mix in.
- Serve with a side of toast.
How do you recover from your workouts? Do you crave anything like I crave eggs?