Back in this post, I talked about my New Year's Resolutions for the year 2014. So how did I do? Did I accomplish anything? I'll say this - the year was a good one, although it turned out different than I anticipated. Let's recap, shall we? Fill in the blank resolutions:
- Did I stop hitting the snooze button this year? Not entirely. There was a stretch in the late summer where I could hardly drag myself out of bed after four or five snoozes. But then I got better in the fall, when I got that new part-time job and my career prospects started changing. Now that I have a job that I'm in love with, a job where I can show up when it's convenient for me, I find it easier to get out of bed. Funny how that works, isn't it?
- Did I visit southern California? Why yes, I did! I didn't run a race out there, but I had a ton of fun just the same. And I'm actually really glad it was more relaxing and I didn't have to plan around a race.
- Did I work harder at being positive? I really, truly tried. There were some times in the late winter, when I was trying out a new birth control (TMI, sorry) and my hormones were out of control and sending me off the deep end. But for the most part, I had nothing to be sad about. I get to marry H and I got a new job and I am feeling fulfilled for the first time in a long time. No complaints here.
- Did I finish You Better Run? No, unfortunately. But I accomplished a lot of other things, and I'm still working on it. One of these days, I swear.
- Did I take an editing class? I did! And I loved it just as much as I thought I would!
- Did I spend more time being productive? Yes. Definitely yes. Between the Master's degree, the internships, the full-time job, the part time job, and all of my hobbies... yes. I had to!
- Did I eat more fresh foods? I tried. We made a lot of delicious things this year... I'm thinking of incorporating a cooking portion to my blog next year. We'll see.
- Did I wear more dresses? Probably not. I still love them, though, and I wore them when the occasion called for them.
Other resolutions from Lauren Conrad's website:
- Did I change the way I think about diet? No, but I didn't need to. My thoughts (and dislike) of the word diet have been pretty clearly documented.
- Did I think a positive thought every morning? I tried. And it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. All I had to do was look at H, and then I would think, wow. He chose me. And what is better than waking up with that thought?
- Did I volunteer once a month? No, but I did volunteer weekly for a couple months in the spring. Then I got too busy, which was unfortunate. I liked it, and want to start that up again.
- Did I get seven hours of sleep? Most nights, and it definitely helped. I could tell the difference when I didn't get enough sleep.
- Did I take a daily walk? No. I wish. I'll be better next year.
- Did I unplug for an hour a day? Again, no. But again, I want to be better next year.
- Did I cut out soda? Well, it's pop, first of all. And second, I didn't really need to. But I did add the occasional Sprite to my diet, when my stomach was a little upset. And that always helps!
- Did I read for pleasure? Not nearly as often as I wanted to!
- Did I stop wasting food? H and I have gotten a lot better about it.
- Did I just do it already? Well, I didn't get published, which is what I was hoping for in the year 2014. But I did get a new job in my new field. That must count, right? :)
Wow! It was a pretty great year. Did y'all accomplish your goals this year?