Well! It’s that time, isn’t it! I thought that, before I start planning too much, I should take a gander at The Knot and see what they had to say. This is probably the most pertinent article to the beginning of the planning, so I thought I would start here. Y’all will have to let me know if I miss anything!
10 Most Common Wedding Planning Mistakes (according to The Knot):
- Doing anything… before the guest list. Oh, gosh. Tell me about it. We already have a rough draft going, and I think it will be good enough to look at sizes of venues. But. Holy cow. What an endeavor, right off the bat.
- Reading aloud to your fiancé… from bridal magazines. Hahaha. Oh, H wouldn’t find that enjoyable at all. I hope I’m not one of those brides.
- Freaking out because someone else has your gown. This was a thing for high school prom, too. I’ve never thought it was a big deal, because every person’s body is different.
- Realizing that grape isn’t your color… with two months to go. Also not a problem, since I’ve had the same favorite color for years, and it’s the color of my ring. :)
- Trying to drop two sizes before your final fitting. Yikes. Hopefully not.
- Doing it all yourself. Well… this might be something I try to do…
- Overloading your mom’s big day to-do list. Eh. She’s a trooper, right? (Just kidding, Mom.)
- Crying over mismatched linens. Again, I don’t think I’ll do this, but I guess I can’t say I will for sure.
- Blowing your budget. Oy… again… oy…
- Saving your place cards for the morning of. No, I’m a planner. Those will probably be done months and months in advance.
So… it sounds like I will at least be mostly okay. Right? Right? Bueller?
Was anything important missed on the list?