Now that it is finally summer, I can start on what I mentioned way back in January – biking to work! I was nervous about it initially, but now that I’ve tried it a few times, I absolutely love it. I’m lucky enough that we only live about a mile from a bike trail that goes nearly the entire way to work for me, so I barely have to ride on the road. And I’m just loving the freedom. So, here are some advantages of biking to work:
- You don’t have to pay for gas.
- You don’t have to worry about stupid drivers. Although stupid bikers (mostly those without helmets) are another story.
- What better way to wake up than with the breeze on your face?
- You don’t have to pay for parking.
- You get your workout in during your commute (how convenient!).
- You get your Vitamin D fix.
- It makes the city seem a little less smoggy when you can bike right next to the river and feel the wind of your face.
- Much fewer stoplights and stop signs! Although there are still a few.
- Biking is awesome.
I’ve truly been loving it. That makes H really happy, because biking was his thing to begin with.
I’m so glad I still have a lot of summer ahead of me!