I hit a milestone today, guys! 100 days of blogging every day, and I haven’t missed a day yet! Hurray! I realized that it’s been a while since I wrote about life here in the Midwest, so I thought I’d throw in a couple of other recent milestones:
- I completed my longest run since my injury this past Saturday – just under 8 miles! There was a little walking involved, but I could walk afterwards and everything. Quite an improvement from the last time I ran 8 miles![i]
- I finished the second of the three perspectives in the novel-length story I’m writing. While this may not seem like an achievement to most people, if there are any writers out there, you’ll understand why this is a big deal. And I’m only on page 204![ii]
- I am two projects, two assignments, and one research paper away from being done with my classes for the semester! And the projects and assignments are cake. All I’m really worried about is that pesky research paper.
- I’m working on lining up an internship for the summer. Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, it will be a virtual internship, so I’ll still be able to take classes and keep my job. Another check mark toward the completion of my master’s degree.
- I leave for the south to see J2 defend her thesis in TWO WEEKS! Man, I can’t wait for some summer weather!
- It’s sunny and 60 degrees outside. Who can complain about that?[iii]
Happy 100th day of the year! What milestones have you hit recently?
Enjoy the sunshine!
[i] That would be the Polar Dash – when I had to quit running after eight miles and walk the last two back to H. Also, I was in tears. Physical therapy works, people!
[ii] It’s going a little bit longer than I anticipated, but you can’t curb creativity.
[iii] Well, I can, because I am inside working. Boo.